The internet is a powerful tool for communication and business, and having your own domain name is an important step to success. When you are ready to change your primary domain name, Bluehost can help you do it. In this article, we will explain how to change domain name on Bluehost so you can ensure a successful transition.
How to change domain name on Bluehost?
When you are ready to change your primary domain name, it would be best to contact Bluehost by phone at 888-401-4678, or you may also chat with us. We will provide the necessary help and guidance to make sure the transition is successful.
If you have a Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, or Dedicated Hosting account, Bluehost is happy to help you change the primary domain on your account. Here are the steps to take to change the domain name:
• Go into cPanel, and click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
• In the left navigation panel, click on the newly created database name.
• In the left navigation panel, click on the wp_options table.
• Find the “siteurl” and “home” fields in the list.
• Make sure the URL is correct.
• WordPress: Manually Changing your Domain
• Step 1: Copy Files to the New Domain
• Step 2: Create a New MySQL Database
• Step 3: Edit the WordPress .config File for the new domain
• When you are ready to have your account renamed, contact BlueHost Sales via Phone or Live Chat and request the rename. Be sure to include the following:
• You will need to move files for the new primary domain into the public_html directory and files for the old main domain in a subfolder of public_html. The old domain will be redirected to the new one.
• After the order page opens, look for a “Change domain” option, and click on it. Here, you will need to enter your “new primary domain” and click Save.
Changing domain name on Bluehost is easy and straightforward. With the right guidance and help, you can make sure your transition is successful. To learn more about web hosting and domain name changes, visit HostsRated.com, a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
What is the process for changing the domain name in Bluehost?
If you would like to switch your main domain name, the best way to get started is to phone us at 888-401-4678 or talk with us through chat. We’ll give you the needed steps to rename the account and guide you through the whole thing.
Is it possible to alter your domain name?
Once you have purchased your domain name, it is a permanent string of characters that cannot be altered.
What steps do I need to take to alter my domain name on my hosting provider?
Verify the transfer with your new web host.
1. Check your contact information associated with the domain.
2. Unlock the domain name.
3. Start the domain transfer process with the new web host.
4. Give your authorization to the transfer.
5. Confirm the transfer with the new web host.
What steps do I need to take to switch my main domain name?
Log in to your Google Admin console using an account with super administrator privileges (not a Gmail address). In the Admin console, go to Menu Account Domains and select Manage domains. Find your new primary domain and click Make Primary. Then, click Change Primary Domain to complete the process.