Searching for answers to the question “how to add subdomain in godaddy” can be a daunting task. But in this article, we’ll show you the steps you need to take to make the process easy and fast. We will explain the steps you need to take to add a subdomain on GoDaddy with detailed instructions and helpful screenshots.
What is a Subdomain?
A subdomain is a subdivision of a domain name, which is often used to point to a specific web page or directory within a website. Subdomains are often used to create a more organized structure for a website and to help visitors find the information they need quickly and easily. For example, if you have a website for your company, you could create a subdomain for the blog, and another for customer support.
How to Add a Subdomain in GoDaddy
Adding a subdomain in GoDaddy is surprisingly simple. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Navigate to the “My Products” section.
- Click the “Manage” button located on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the “Add” button at the bottom right of your screen to start making your subdomain.
- Create Your Subdomain. Enter the name of your subdomain in the “Name” field.
- Add a DNS record with an asterisk (*) as the subdomain and specify the IP address or URL that the subdomain should point to.
Once you’ve added the subdomain, you’re all set. GoDaddy makes it easy to add a subdomain to your website, so you can quickly and easily set up a new section of your website without any hassle.
Adding a subdomain in GoDaddy is a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes. With just a few clicks, you can add a new section of your website and start taking advantage of all the benefits that subdomains have to offer. If you have any further questions about setting up a subdomain in GoDaddy, HostsRated.com is a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
What is the process for creating a subdomain for my domain?
1. Navigate to your Domain List and select the “Manage” option beside your domain.
2. Go to the Advanced DNS tab.
3. Locate the Host Records section, then press the “Add New Record” button (if you are unable to edit Host Records).
4. Select the appropriate connection type from the list.
Is it possible to set up subdomains through GoDaddy?
You can set up a subdomain with an IP address by adding an A record to your DNS zone file. If you want the subdomain to point to another domain, you should add a CNAME record instead. Log into your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio to get started. If you require assistance logging in, help is available.
Does GoDaddy charge for subdomain creation?
It is possible to add a subdomain to GoDaddy without incurring any additional expense, but you must have an existing account and be paying for their web hosting services.
What is the process for setting up subdomains in GoDaddy?
Subdomains can be used to help you easily navigate and access different parts of your website. Additionally, they can be used to point visitors to a separate web address, such as a social media page, or direct them to a particular IP address or directory in your account.