Are you wondering how to downgrade domain protection GoDaddy? In this article, we will explain the process in simple steps. GoDaddy splits up protection a little bit. Their privacy protection is now free with any domain purchase. This wasn’t always the case, but they put the protection in place to help protect your domain from unauthorized transfers, malicious activity, and more.
How to Downgrade Domain Protection GoDaddy
To downgrade your domain protection on GoDaddy, follow these steps:
- Log into your account, go to your domains and select the domain you want to downgrade.
- Click on the “Downgrade your Domain Protection” to remove or reduce the additional security features on your domain.
- In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Domains.
- Click the domain that’s pending transfer, then click Review your DNS settings.
- To delete the protection, enter the OTP and click Verify. Verify your identity to downgrade.
- Transfer the domain to another GoDaddy Account. After you’ve transferred the domain to another account, you can cancel the protection.
Downgrading your domain protection on GoDaddy is relatively easy. You need to log into your account and go to your domains, click the domain you want to downgrade, and then click the “Downgrade your Domain Protection” button. You need to enter an OTP and verify your identity to complete the process. After you’ve transferred the domain to another account, you can cancel the protection. If you need more information about web hosting, check out hostsrated.com for answers to your web hosting questions.
What is the procedure for disabling domain protection?
To accomplish this, proceed as follows:
1. Go to Google Domains.
2. Choose the name of your domain.
3. Open the Menu.
4. Select Registration settings.
5. If the Privacy protection is on, switch it off to indicate that Privacy protection is off.
6. Click the option to Make all contact info public.
Is it beneficial to purchase domain protection from GoDaddy?
The majority of people would benefit from purchasing domain privacy if it does not come with the domains they have bought. The constant bombardment of unsolicited emails offering dubious SEO, overseas dropshippers and other unreliable services can be tiresome to sift through, so a good privacy protection policy can help alleviate this issue.
Is obtaining complete domain protection worth the cost?
After getting a domain name, your personal information will be on public display. This could possibly result in an increase in spam emails and hacking attempts. This is why domain privacy protection is so important. It will hide your contact information from the WHOIS record and protect you from any cyber security threats.
What is the purpose of GoDaddy’s full domain protection?
We’ll ensure that only you are making changes to your domains by verifying your identity and preventing unauthorized actions, such as transferring away, adjusting nameservers, and altering domain contact information. This will help to avoid any unexpected modifications to your domain.
Is it possible to add GoDaddy domain protection at a later time?
You can choose to have private registration when you buy a domain during the checkout process, but you won’t be able to select it when you only purchase hosting. If you want to add private registration to your domain, it can be done at any point.
Do I need to purchase domain privacy protection?
Affirmative. Domain privacy protection is recommended if you don’t plan to sell your domain name, as it prevents people from obtaining your personal contact information, helps avoid spam sales calls, and safeguards your website from potential hacking attempts.