In this article, we will answer the question: how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google? With the help of this guide, you will learn the steps to transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to Google with ease.
What is the Question?
How to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google?
How to Transfer a Domain from GoDaddy to Google?
The steps to transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to Google are as follows:
- Sign in to Google Domains. Select the account you want to transfer and open the menu. On the left, click All my domains.
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer. Click on Import Name servers and in the next step, Google will ask you to pay $12 (the amount may change) to transfer the domain to Google domains.
- Make the payment. After you pay for the domain, you need to make sure that the email credits were free with the purchase of your domain. The credits may no longer be available once the domain is transferred to Google.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. Select the specific domain you’ll be transferring to access the Domain Settings page. Under Additional Settings, you’ll find the Transfer Lock. Make sure the transfer lock is disabled.
- Purchase the domain transfer. Sign in to your GoDaddy account or create a new account. Go to the GoDaddy transfers page and search for your domain. Make sure to unlock the domain and get the authorization code.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google? Domain registrations are subject to a 60 day hold before they can be transferred. After that, it typically takes 5-7 days for the transfer to be completed.
- Are there any additional fees involved in transferring a domain from GoDaddy to Google? Yes, there is an additional fee of $12 (the amount may change) for the transfer.
- Do I need an authorization code to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google? Yes, an authorization code is required to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google.
In this article, we provided a guide on how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Google. We outlined the steps to complete the process, as well as answering common questions related to domain transfers. If you have any other questions about web hosting, check out HostsRated.com – a great resource for answers to all your web hosting questions.
Is it possible to move a domain from GoDaddy to Google?
Once you have obtained an authorization code from your current registrar and unlocked your domain, you can transfer it to Google Domains if you already have an account with them. You will need to know how to set up your domain for transfer before you can do so.
What is the duration of transferring a domain from GoDaddy to Google?
The process of transferring a domain typically takes between 5–7 days. You can keep track of its progress at any stage of the transfer through Google Domains. To access more information about the transfer, select the domain name from the list of ‘Pending domains’ in the platform.
Is it possible to move a domain from GoDaddy to another provider?
It is possible to transfer a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another, but only if the domain meets the eligibility requirements. Domains that are waiting for contact update approval, expiring within the next 24 hours, expired, or already in the process of being transferred are not eligible for account transfer.
What is the charge for transferring a domain to Google?
Domains can be purchased for as little as $7/year, and come with a range of features such as email forwarding, privacy protection, one-click DNSSEC, Google 2-Step Verification, and more.