Are you looking for an easy guide on how to add a DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS? Look no further, as this article will provide you with all the information you need to do this. By following the steps outlined below, you will be able to add a DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS in no time.
What is a DMARC Record?
A DMARC record (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) is a type of security measure that is used to protect your email account from being used for spam or phishing attacks. It is an important tool to protect yourself from malicious actors.
How to Add a DMARC Record to Your GoDaddy DNS
Adding a DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS is a simple process that can be done in three easy steps.
- Step 1: Generate DMARC Record – The first step is to generate a DMARC record. You can generate a DMARC record using a third-party service such as HostsRated.com.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Manage DNS” – Once you have generated the DMARC record, you need to navigate to the GoDaddy DNS Management page.
- Step 3: Add a DMARC Record to GoDaddy DNS – On the DNS Management page, click the “Add” button in the “Records” section. This will open up a form where you can enter the settings for your DMARC record. Once the settings are entered, click “Save” to add the DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS.
It is important to note that if there is already another ‘_dmarc’ entry in your DNS, do not add a new one. Instead, click on the “Edit” icon and modify the existing entry.
Adding a DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS is an important step to protect your email from malicious actors. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily add a DMARC record to your GoDaddy DNS in no time. If you need more information on setting up SPF, DKIM, or DMARC records for email service on your GoDaddy DNS, HostsRated.com is a great resource.
What is the process for setting up a DMARC record?
Go to your DNS hosting provider and create a TXT record. Enter the host value and add the DMARC-specific information in the Value field before saving the record. Once saved, make sure that the record is set up correctly by validating it.
What steps do I need to take to set up a DMARC record for my domain?
1. Enter the domain name you want to configure.
2. Select the policy that you want to apply.
3. Supply the email address to which you want the aggregate reports to be sent.
4. (Optional) Provide the address to which failure reports should be sent.
5. Select the desired identifier alignment setting.
6. (Optional) Select the desired subdomain policy.
7. (Optional) Specify the DMARC policy percentage.
What are the steps to add SPF and DKIM records to GoDaddy?
Log into your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (If you require assistance logging in, …) Choose the proper domain. Select the option to Add New Record. From the Type menu, select TXT. Input the information for the SPF record. (Optional) If you intend to add multiple DNS records, select Add More Records. Finally, select Save to add the new record.
What steps do I need to take to set up a DMARC record for my domain in cPanel?
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. Navigate to the Domains section and select Zone Editor.
3. Locate the domain you wish to configure and click the Manage button.
4. Click the +Add Record button.
5. Change the Type setting from A to TXT.
6. Enter the required Name, TTL, Type and Record values.
7. Click Add Record to save the changes.