Web hosting can be complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. In this article, I’ll provide a comprehensive guide on how to forward a domain in GoDaddy. By following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to forward your domain in no time.
What Does it Mean to Forward a Domain?
Domain forwarding, also known as URL forwarding, is a process which takes visitors from one domain to another. It can be used to point a domain name to another website or page within the same website. This is a useful tool if you’d like to direct visitors from an old website to a new one, or if you want to point different domains to the same website.
How to Forward a Domain in GoDaddy
GoDaddy is one of the world’s largest domain registrars and offers domain forwarding services. Follow these steps to forward your domain in GoDaddy:
- Log into your GoDaddy account.
- Go to the Domain Manager.
- Click [Forward Domain] of your domain.
- Select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- In the popup window, click Domain.
- Fill in the web address of the site where you want your visitors to be directed to.
- Hit Save.
Video Tutorial: How to Set Up GoDaddy Domain Forwarding
If you’d prefer to follow a video guide in order to forward your domain in GoDaddy, this 4 minute video takes you through the steps to move a domain in the registrar:
In this video we will see how to forward or redirect website from GoDaddy to another website or page. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: From your GoDaddy Domain Manager, select the domain you want to forward by clicking Add in the Forwarding Column.
- Step 2: Select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Step 3: In the popup window, click Domain.
- Step 4: Fill in the web address of the site where you want your visitors to be directed to.
- Step 5: Hit Save.
Once you’ve followed the steps outlined above, your domain is now successfully forwarded in GoDaddy.
Forwarding a domain in GoDaddy is easy and straightforward. By following this guide, you’ll have your domain forwarded in no time. For more tips and tricks on web hosting and domain forwarding, visit hostsrated.com, a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
Does GoDaddy offer free domain forwarding?
There is no cost to move a domain name you have purchased through GoDaddy to another website.
What is the process for redirecting a domain name?
Go to the Hosted Domains page. Then, press the “Add Hosting to a Domain / Sub-Domain” button. Scroll down to the Redirect section and enter the required information. Finally, click the “Redirect this domain” button to finish.