Playing 7 Days To Die with friends is an awesome experience, and here, we’ll cover how to host a dedicated 7 days to die server.
How to Host a Dedicated 7 Days To Die Server?
Hosting a 7 Days to Die server is a straightforward process. To get started, you’ll need to download the dedicated server from Steam onto the server computer and configure it as you wish. You’ll then need to port forward the game, which will make it available to other players. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Select Install Folder: Force_install_dir c:\SteamCMD\7_Days_To_Die_server\ (you do not have to use this exact folder).
- Login with Steam: Log in with your Steam credentials to access the dedicated server.
- Create a .bat file: Create a .bat file and name it startserver.bat (in your game folder where the 7DaysToDie.exe is located).
- Edit the serverconfig.xml: Edit the serverconfig.xml to make changes to your server settings.
- Port Forward: Port forward the game so that other players can connect to your server.
- Open 7 Days To Die on Steam: Open 7 Days To Die on your Steam, go to Play Game menu, on the filters change to Favorites, your server will show up, just double click it to join it.
For further information, you can visit this site hostsrated.com, which is a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
Is it free to set up a 7 Days to Die server?
They provide a no-cost two-day trial, after which their 12-player 7D2D server is available for a fee of $12 per month.
What steps do I need to take to set up my own dedicated server?
1. Acquire a dedicated server.
2. Install the necessary operating system.
3. Adjust the OS for website hosting.
4. Establish a self-hosted domain name (optional).
5. Install monitoring tools (optional).
What is the definition of a dedicated server in 7 Days to Die?
A 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server allows multiple players to join the same game world. It can be hosted either by yourself or a company, and was previously limited to four players until Alpha 1.1. Currently, up to 8 players can play together in Co-op mode.
Is it possible to create a dedicated server for 7 Days to Die?
Creating a 7 Days to Die private server is relatively easy; by following these instructions, you can customize your server to be exactly how you want it. You can decide whether to play with friends or to put a whitelist in place – all of this is possible with your own private server.