Switching from GoDaddy to Squarespace is a relatively straightforward process. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to transfer your domain and content from GoDaddy to Squarespace. We’ll also explain the necessary steps for connecting a GoDaddy domain to your Squarespace website.
How to Switch from GoDaddy to Squarespace?
Transferring a GoDaddy domain to Squarespace requires the following steps:
- Step 1: Log into GoDaddy
- Step 2: Verify domain contact information
- Step 3: Unlock your domain
If you purchased domains from GoDaddy, you can transfer them to Squarespace. It’s also possible to transfer multiple domains, whether they’re registered with GoDaddy or another provider. To do so, you’ll need to go to the Domains panel in your account.
- Step 4: Click Connect
- Step 5: In the “Connection in progress” pop-up message on your site, click Continue
- Step 6: Wait for the connection to complete
How to Connect a GoDaddy Domain to Your Squarespace Website?
The following steps will help you to connect your GoDaddy domain to your Squarespace website:
- Step 1: Log in to your GoDaddy Account
- Step 2: Click Launch next to Domains
- Step 3: Click Use My Domain
- Step 4: Export your content from GoDaddy
- Step 5: Go to GoDaddy’s Website Builder, and select the website you want to move
- Step 6: Create your account with Squarespace
- Step 7: Connect your URL
The entire process should take around two hours to complete. You can watch a quick video on how to connect your URL here.
If you need further information on web hosting questions, you can check out hostsrated.com, a great resource for answers to all your web hosting questions.
What is the process for moving my GoDaddy website to Squarespace?
1. Log in to GoDaddy.
2. Check the contact details for the domain.
3. Unlock the domain.
4. Get the authorization code.
5. Begin the transfer and enter the authorization code.
6. Review and confirm the domain registration information.
7. Enter or review your payment details.
Would it be beneficial for me to move my GoDaddy domain to Squarespace?
If you have your domain hosted by a third-party provider such as GoDaddy, 1&1, or Hover, you can use it with a Squarespace website either by transferring it or connecting it. It is usually recommended that you transfer your domain.
Is it possible to transfer my domain to Squarespace?
It is possible to move a domain that has already been bought from another service to Squarespace. All of the domain settings and billing can be managed through your Squarespace account, regardless of whether your website is a trial version or a paid version.
Is it possible to transfer my website from GoDaddy?
You can transfer a website to another server by utilizing a backup from GoDaddy Pro. It is essential to activate Premium Backups in order to copy the website.