Answering the question “where to host my portfolio website” can be daunting, but there are several great options available. Whether you are a designer, a developer, or someone new to the world of web hosting, this article will provide you with the top free online portfolio hosting sites, plus additional places to host your portfolio.
Where to Host My Portfolio Website?
Creating a portfolio website is an important step in showcasing your work and developing an online presence as a designer or developer. There are many free online portfolio hosting sites to choose from, so deciding on the best option for you can be difficult.
The Top Free Online Portfolio Hosting Sites
Crevado is a free and easy to use portfolio builder allowing you to showcase your best work in a visually stunning way. It is perfect for developers, photographers, videographers and creatives.
Here are 6 more free portfolio hosting options for designers:
03. Adobe Portfolio
The 7 Best Places to Host Your Developer Portfolio
In addition to the free online portfolio hosting sites mentioned above, there are also a variety of great places to host your developer portfolio.
1. Your Website – Having your own website is a great way to showcase your work and establish your own brand.
2. GitHub – GitHub is a great platform for hosting code, as well as publishing your work.
3. Tableau Public – Tableau Public is a free platform to share your data visualizations.
4. Power BI – Power BI is a powerful platform for creating and sharing data visualizations.
5. Kaggle – Kaggle is an online community for data scientists and machine learning developers.
6. Medium – Medium is a popular platform for publishing articles and blog posts.
7. Start with GitHub Pages – If you don’t have a website yet, you can start with GitHub Pages to get started quickly and easily.
If you need something more, take a look at Vultr.com. It is a cloud host similar to Digital Ocean, Amazon and Google but provides more features and ease of use. Another well-known website hosting platform, Squarespace, is not exclusive to designers but can be highly beneficial for portfolios.
For hosting a web designing portfolio, Cloudways is one of the reputed managed cloud hosting platforms in the market. It provides a wide range of features to make managing and hosting your portfolio website easier.
1. Journo Portfolio – Journo Portfolio is a great option for hosting a portfolio website as it offers free online portfolio hosting. Unlike other portfolio sites that present with you a few days of a free trial, Journo Portfolio offers free online portfolio hosting.
Finding the right portfolio hosting site for your needs can be a challenge, but with the right research and knowledge, you can find the perfect platform for your needs. Hosts Rated (hostsrated.com) is a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
No matter which platform you choose for hosting your portfolio website, be sure to take advantage of all the features and tools available to help make your site stand out. With the right hosting platform and a creative eye, you can create an eye-catching portfolio website that will help you to showcase your work and stand out from the crowd.
What is the best place to put my personal portfolio site?
Crevado is a free, user-friendly site that helps you present your best work in an attractive manner. Additionally, Portfoliopen, Coroflot, FolioHD, Flickr, Krop, Adobe Portfolio, and Journo Portfolio are other free online portfolio hosting websites.
What steps do I need to take to create a portfolio hosting platform?
1. Get ideas from other portfolios.
2. Select a layout for your portfolio.
3. Display your most successful works.
4. Use high resolution photos.
5. Include relevant details and features.
6. Enhance the user experience of your portfolio.
7. Optimize your website for search engines.
8. Ensure that it is compatible with mobile devices.
What is the best way to publish my portfolio online without any cost?
1. Begin creating a portfolio website with Canva. Look for “Portfolio Website” to start your design.
2. Utilize a portfolio website template as a guide. Find a free template on Canva to get ideas.
3. Incorporate logos, fonts, and colors.
4. Personalize the portfolio website.
5. Make the website available on the web.
What are the best ways to promote my portfolio website?
1. Enhance Your Site. …
2. Publicize Your Work on Different Platforms. …
3. Differentiate Yourself. …
4. Accept Criticism. …
5. Observe the Rules. …
6. Request Assistance. …
7. Be Seen on Design Platforms. …