Are you wondering how to transfer your domain from GoDaddy to Google? You’ve come to the right place! This article will explain the steps to successfully transfer your domain from GoDaddy to Google. We’ll walk you through the process from start to finish, covering all the key moments along the way.
Transferring Your Domain from GoDaddy to Google: Step-by-Step
The process of transferring your domain from GoDaddy to Google is actually quite straightforward. Let’s take a look at each step in detail.
Step 1: Unlock Your Domain on GoDaddy
The first step is to unlock your domain on GoDaddy. This is done by logging into your GoDaddy account and accessing the Domain Settings page. From there, you’ll find the option to unlock your domain.
Step 2: Get Your EPP Code
Once your domain is unlocked, you’ll need to obtain the EPP code. This is a unique code that’s required for the transfer process. To get your EPP code, simply go to the Domain Settings page and click on the “Get EPP Code” link. This will generate the code that you’ll need for the transfer.
Step 3: Initiate the Transfer
Now that you have your EPP code, you’re ready to initiate the transfer process. To do this, log into your Google Domains account and click on the “Transfer Domain” option. From there, you’ll be able to enter your domain name and the EPP code. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to submit the transfer request.
Step 4: Confirm the Transfer
Once you’ve initiated the transfer, you’ll need to confirm it by clicking on the link in the email that Google sends you. This will complete the transfer process and your domain will be successfully transferred to Google.
Before transferring your domain from GoDaddy to Google, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Domain registrations are subject to a 60-day hold before they can be transferred. This means that you’ll need to wait 60 days after registering a domain before you can transfer it.
- You’ll need to unlock your domain on GoDaddy before you can transfer it. This is done by accessing the Domain Settings page in your GoDaddy account.
- You’ll need an EPP code to initiate the transfer. This is a unique code that you’ll need to enter when initiating the transfer. You can get your EPP code by accessing the Domain Settings page in your GoDaddy account.
As you can see, the process of transferring your domain from GoDaddy to Google is actually quite straightforward. Just remember to unlock your domain on GoDaddy, get your EPP code, initiate the transfer, and then confirm it. If you have any questions, HostsRated.com is a great resource for answers to your web hosting questions.
Is it possible to move a domain from GoDaddy to Google?
Once you have unlocked your domain and obtained the authorization code from your current registrar, you can start the domain transfer process to Google Domains. You’ll need to make sure you have a Google Domains account before you begin. Take a look at the directions on how to properly prepare your domain for transfer.
What is the duration of transferring a domain from GoDaddy to Google?
It may take between 5-7 days for a domain transfer to be completed. You can check the progress of the transfer anytime by going to Google Domains and selecting the domain name under ‘Pending Domains’. For more information, you can look there.
What is the price of transferring a domain to Google?
Domains cost $7 annually, and the fee includes email forwarding, privacy protection, one-click DNSSEC, Google 2-Step Verification, and more.
What is the process for moving a domain from GoDaddy?
1. Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio.
2. Choose the exact domain you want to move to open the Domain Settings page.
3. Pick “Transfer domain away from GoDaddy” in the Additional Settings section.
4. Review the transfer checklist information for more details.