Having a website that is published is a great way to get your content out to the world, but what if you have to take it down temporarily? This tutorial will show you how to unpublish a GoDaddy website in a few minutes so that your website is no longer visible to the public.
How To Unpublish Website GoDaddy Tutorial
Today we will be discussing how to unpublish a website with GoDaddy. While GoDaddy does not offer a way to unpublish a website, there are some steps you can take to make your website temporarily unavailable. Here are the steps you need to follow to unpublish your website:
- Go to your GoDaddy product page: The first step is to log into your GoDaddy account and navigate to your product page. This is where you will find the “Unpublish” button.
- Select the “Edit Site” option: Once you are on your product page, look for the “Edit Site” option and click on it. This will take you to the next page where you can unpublish your website.
- Select the “Unpublish” button: On this page, you will see a button labeled “Unpublish”. Click on this button and confirm that you want to unpublish your website.
- Rename the index file: You can also rename the index file of your website to something other than “index.html” so that it is no longer the default homepage. This will make it so that when someone tries to access your website, they will be taken to a blank page instead.
- Change your DNS settings: Another way to unpublish your website is to change the DNS settings so that it is no longer pointing to your website. This will make it so that when someone tries to access your website, they will be taken to a blank page instead.
- Terminate the subscription: Finally, you can also terminate the subscription for your website. This will make it so that your website is no longer live, but you will still have access to the content and files.
These are the steps you need to follow to unpublish a website with GoDaddy. Keep in mind that these steps may vary depending on the hosting provider you are using, so be sure to check with them for more specifics. If you are looking for more information about web hosting and other related topics, HostsRated.com is a great resource.
Is it possible to set up my GoDaddy website so it is only accessible to certain people?
To alter the settings of a page, you can either add a new private page or adjust the settings of an existing page to make it private. You can also reverse the process to make the page visible to the public once again.
Is it possible to take down a website?
Once you have unpublished your website, it will no longer be visible to people trying to access it. You can re-publish your site whenever you want, however, if the amount of time it was offline was more than a few days, your SEO ranking could be impacted.
What is the best way to share my GoDaddy website without publishing it?
Once you’ve logged into your account, go to Settings > Delegate Access. Then, provide the Name, Email, and Access Level you want to share access to your website with and click the “Invite” button. That’s all you have to do to give access to your website!